Alan M. Bernover
Alan’s background is in insurance defense litigation, including automobile negligence actions, commercial litigation, employment and labor law litigation, family law matters, general liability, products liability, trucking liability, and medical malpractice litigation. Currently, his practice focuses on insurance defense litigation in the areas of construction negligence, catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death, and commercial litigation relating to labor and employment disputes, as well as executive and employers’ liability defense, professional (medical, attorney, and accountant) malpractice, products liability, trucking liability, general liability, and general corporate and business defense. He has represented clients in arbitrations and in several trials to jury verdict in state courts throughout Illinois. Alan has been listed as a Rising Star in Illinois Super Lawyers each year since 2009 in the area of civil litigation defense.
Alan has also served as corporate counsel for Association for Horizon, Inc., an Illinois non-profit dedicated to serving adults with physical disabilities. In his free time, Alan enjoys playing golf, going to the theater, and traveling.
- University of Miami-Florida, JD, 2001; cum laude; member, Psychology, Public Policy and Law Journal; Quarterfinalist in Moot Court and mock trial competitions
- University of Missouri-Columbia, BA, 1997; psychology, Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity
- United States District Court: Northern District of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Florida State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Litigation Skills Program graduate, 2007
Representative Reported Cases
- Wartalski v. JSB Const. and Consulting Co., 384 Ill.App.3d 139, 892 N.E.2d 122 (Ill.App. 1 Dist.,2008.)