Andrew G. Witik
Andrew has over 28 years of experience representing insurance companies, corporations, municipalities, and individuals in declaratory judgment actions, contractual disputes, bad faith claims, and appeals in state and federal courts across the United States. In addition to insurance coverage, his emphasis is on construction defect litigation matters. He has successfully litigated Illinois cases of first impression applying the business risk and false pretense exclusions. He also has experience with general liability, professional liability, commercial auto, property, business owner’s, and homeowner’s policies.
Drew has been rated an AV® Preeminent™ lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell, representing the recognition of the highest level of professional excellence by his peers. In 2017, he was identified as a Leading Lawyer in Illinois in the areas of Insurance, Insurance Coverage, and Reinsurance Law.
After law school, Drew served as law clerk to the Hon. Edward J. Egan of the Illinois Appellate Court.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, JD
- Loyola University, BA
- United States District Courts: Northern District of Illinois, Southern District of Illinois, Central District of Illinois, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- United States Court of Appeals: Seventh Circuit
Publications and Presentations
- “Know Your Business And The Impact of Actual Notice on Additional Insureds in Illinois,” Lawline Webinar, May 19, 2017
- “Additional Insureds and Risk Transfer in Construction Contracts,” Lawline Webinar, March 27, 2017
- “Arising Issues with Additional Insureds,” 3rd Annual Intermountain Construction Defect & Dispute Conference, Salt Lake City, Utah, February 3, 2017
- “Business Owner’s Policies and Transferring Risk” NBI Webcast Seminar, September 14, 2016
- “Arising Issues Regarding Additional Insureds, Risk Transfer in Construction Contracts and Anti-Indemnity Legislation,” 2nd Annual Midwest Construction Defect & Dispute Conference, Minneapolis, Minnesota, August 18, 2016
- “The Texas Anti-Indemnity Act,” Premier Southwest Construction Defect & Dispute Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, April 15, 2016
- “Emerging Issues: High-risk Insurance Coverage Litigation for Lawyers in 2015,” The Knowledge Group Webcast Seminar, October 8, 2015