Andrew’s practice focuses on toxic tort litigation, employment law, product liability and cases involving catastrophic loss. He has been involved in the defense of asbestos exposure cases in both Federal and State courts since 1990, representing a wide range of defendants from Fortune 500 companies, product manufacturers as well as property owners and retailers.
In addition to cases involving exposure to asbestos, Andrew has extensive experience with other toxic exposure claims including mold, dimethylformamide (DMF), benzene, electromagnetic radiation (EMF), pressure-treated wood (CCA), sick building and chemical sensitivity cases. A primary area of specialization over the last 15 years has been the defense of property owners and contractors in claims involving infant exposure to lead paint where Andrew has secured dismissals at the trial and appellate courts.
- The State University of New York at Buffalo, JD, 1982
- The State University of New York College of Oneonta, BA, 1979
- New York
- United States District Court for the Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of New York and the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- O'Hare v. Central Condominium, 250 A.D.2d 354, 672 N.Y.S.2d 690, N.Y.A.D. (First Department, 1998)
- McGrath v. Transitional Services of New York for Long Island, Inc., 63 A.D.3d 1121, 883 N.Y.S.2d 542 N.Y.A.D. (Second Department, 2009)
- Grossman v. 55 East 87th Street Co., 256 A.D.2d 57, 680 N.Y.S.2d 531 N.Y.A.D. (First Department, 1998)
- Behrbom v. Healthco Intern., Inc. 285 A.D.2d 573, 728 N.Y.S.2d 96 N.Y.A.D. (Second Department, 2001)
- Sirico v. Beckerle Lumber Supply Co., Inc. 227 A.D.2d 396, 642 N.Y.S.2d 55 N.Y.A.D. (Second Department, 1996)
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association