Brett F. Willie
Brett maintains an active civil litigation practice, focused primarily on defense of environmental and toxic tort claims. Representing clients in both federal and state court, he has extensive experience in a wide range of environmental and toxic tort arenas, including Legacy Oilfield Contamination, Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (NORM), asbestos defense and occupational noise-induced hearing loss litigation. Brett's clients have included national and international oil & gas corporations and chemical manufacturers involved in extensive litigation throughout the State of Louisiana. Brett also has extensive experience in insurance defense litigation and has represented both local and national clients in coverage disputes, matters involving premises liability and medical malpractice.
Some of his work for clients includes securing summary judgments in favor of defendant insurer in separate coverage dispute actions following Hurricane Katrina in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, JD, 1999
- Louisiana State University, BS, 1991; Geography
- United States District Courts: Eastern District of Louisiana, Middle District of Louisiana, Western District of Louisiana
- Louisiana State Bar
- Covington Bar Association
- St. Bernard Bar Association
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Volunteer Attorney, Pro Bono Project in New Orleans
- Volunteer Judge, Annual Mardi Gras Sports Law Moot Court Competition; hosted by Tulane University School of Law
- Louisiana Army National Guard, 1988 - 1996
- Pro Bono Project Honor Roll, New Orleans, 2017
- Phillip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, 1999