Cecil focuses his practice in the areas of construction litigation, toxic tort litigation, commercial litigation, employers’ liability, contractual disputes, auto liability, premises liability, and workers’ compensation. He has served as first and second chair of jury trials to verdict in private practice and while serving as a prosecutor. He has also served as first chair of many bench trials, arbitration hearings, and workers’ compensation appeals.
Cecil served as an editor on and contributor to the Tort section of the Illinois Association of Defense Counsel (IDC) 2012 Survey of Law. He also contributed to Commercial Litigation section, as well as the Civil Practice and Tort sections of the IDC 2011 Survey of Law.
Cecil was listed as one of Illinois’ Super Lawyers Rising Stars, a select designation only given to 2.5% of the total lawyers in Illinois, from 2011 through 2015. He was also selected as an Emerging Lawyer in the 2015 and 2016 listing by Leading Lawyers magazine.
- Northern Illinois University College of Law, JD, 2001
- Illinois College, BA, 1998; business with concentration in accounting
- United States District Court: Northern District of Illinois
- Trial Bar: Northern District of Illinois
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel; Torts Committee, 2012-2013, chair; 2011-2012, vice-chair