Charles E. Vermette, Jr.
Chip’s practice has focused on defending insurance companies, their insureds, and self-insured corporations in various types of complex litigation including food-borne illnesses and product recalls, wrongful death, catastrophic personal injury, products liability, professional and executive liability, educational institution liability, sexual molestation, construction accidents and defects, legal and real estate malpractice, premises liability and security, automobile accident and uninsured motorist claims, and toxic tort litigation including lead paint, carbon monoxide, mold and asbestos. Chip joined Litchfield Cavo LLP in 2001 and currently serves as Managing Partner of the Firm’s Connecticut office.
Chip serves on the defense liaison committee for the Connecticut lead paint litigation and has served as defense liaison counsel for the Connecticut asbestos litigation.
- Boston College Law School, JD, 1989
- George Washington University, BA, 1986; with distinction
- United States District Court: District of Connecticut
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association
- Council on Litigation Management
Representative Reported Cases
- Tuccio Development, Inc. v. Neumann 114 Conn.App. 123, 968 A.2d 956 (Conn.App.,2009.)
- Acadia Ins. Co. v. American Crushing & Recycling, LLC 475 F.Supp.2d 168 (D.Conn.,2007.)
- Tiso v. Blumenthal 371 F.Supp.2d 135 (D.Conn.,2005.)