Claudia B. Diaz
Claudia’s practice is focused on civil litigation, labor and employment, civil rights defense, and other tort and general litigation matters. In addition to obtaining favorable rulings in her cases pursuant to dispositive motion practice, Claudia has participated in various alternate dispute resolutions, successfully negotiating a fair outcome on behalf of her clients. From 2008 to 2013, Claudia has been named one of Illinois' Super Lawyers Rising Stars, a select designation only given to 2.5 percent of the total lawyers in Illinois.
Before joining Litchfield Cavo in 2005, Claudia worked at a boutique law firm focusing her practice on general litigation matters, and previously served as an intern for the Honorable Avern Cohn in the United States District Court for the District of Michigan and as an Intern/Assistant Prosecutor in the Kalamazoo Prosecuting Attorney's Office.
While at Tulane Law School, Claudia served as the board member and coordinator of La Alianza De Derecho, providing pro bono legal aid to Cuban detainees. She also served as a student attorney for the Civil Litigation Clinic, representing individuals involved in civil rights cases alleging discrimination based on any number of grounds, including race, color, national origin, religion, disability, gender, pregnancy, and familial status. She received a Tulane pro bono award for excellence.
Claudia is a native of Puerto Rico and fluent in Spanish. She has lived in other countries and has traveled extensively, giving her a unique perspective on the needs of various clients, and the importance of understanding different points of view in reaching the ultimate successful resolution for her clients.
- Tulane Law School, JD, 2002
- University of Michigan, BA, 1998; Communications, Latin American and Caribbean Studies
- Universidad de Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras, course studies, 1997
- United States District Courts: Northern District of Illinois, Northern District of Ohio, Northern District of Indiana
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Representative Reported Cases
- Williams v. TradeWinds Services, Inc. et al., 2012 WL 1032464
- Mockbee v. Humphrey Manlift Company, Inc. et al., 973 N.E.2d 376. Affirmed on appeal.
- Brightstar International Corp. v. Minuteman International et al. v. Aztec Products, Inc., 2011 WL 4686432
- Lamar Chapman v. Village of Franklin Park et al., 2008 WL 4491886
- Hill v. Village of Franklin Park et al, 2008 WL 4181733
- Sexton v. Village of Glenwood et al.