Daniel A. Nicholas
Dan has more than twenty-five years of experience in the litigation of health care, corporate, business, receivership, bankruptcy, petroleum, securities, construction, and anti-trust matters. He has obtained jury verdicts in excess of $100 million in state and federal trials for some of the nation's largest banks, developers and health care clients. Dan regularly represents real estate developers and health care clients in administrative proceedings. He has substantial regulatory expertise in federal Anti-Kickback, Medicare, Medicaid, Stark, Qui Tam, HIPAA, and FDA matters and other operational and compliance issues facing the rapidly and continuously changing health care industry.
Dan has spoken throughout the country on a variety of litigation and healthcare issues, and has given lectures on the Medicare Modernization Act, as well as appearing on radio and television as an expert on professional malpractice and consumer protection issues.
- Stetson University College of Law, JD, 1989
- Jacksonville State University, BS, 1993; business administration, political science
- United States District Courts: Southern District of Florida, Middle District of Florida, Northern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals: Fifth Circuit
- Florida Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Duval County Bar Association