Eileen P. Kavanagh
Eileen is a seasoned litigator with over thirty years of experience in the state and federal courts. Her practice is concentrated on lender liability defense and complex commercial litigation, as well as the defense of personal injury and damages claims, specifically environmental, construction, premises liability, and products liability. She has successfully handled all phases of litigation, including mediation, trials, and appeals, for corporations, partnerships, insurance companies, and individuals. Eileen is a Fellow of the American Bar Association and a past President of the Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association. She served twelve years as a member of Litchfield Cavo's executive committee.
Eileen has presented at local and national conferences on a variety of defense issues. She chaired the first Mealey's conference on Daubert. She also provided an amicus brief to the Court in Theresa Canavan's Case, 432 Mass. 304, 733 N.E.2d 1042 (2000), dealing with Daubert and other expert issues on behalf of the Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association. Eileen has organized and led several multi-day seminars for a banking client on topics such as Successful Mediation Preparation and Execution for Lenders and Servicers; Pitfalls of the Foreclosure Process – Ensuring Compliance with State Statutes and Procedures; and How to Avoid Bad Faith Claims.
Boston magazine and the New England Super Lawyers magazine recognized Eileen as a Massachusetts Super Lawyer in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
Eileen is a Trustee of Bryn Mawr College, and a past president of the Bryn Mawr College Alumnae Association. In 2010, she received the Association's Distinguished Service Award.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M; Corporations
- Seton Hall University School of Law, JD; cum laude
- Bryn Mawr College, AB; English, history
- United States Courts of Appeal: First Circuit, Third Circuit
- In-House Seminars for a banking client: various topics including "Successful Mediations - Preparation and Execution for Lenders and Servicers"; "Pitfalls of the Foreclosure Process – Ensuring Compliance with State Statutes and Procedures"; and "How to Avoid Bad Faith Claims"; October 2012; February 2013; April 2013 and June 2013; chair and presenter.
- HB Litigation Conference: "Effective Negotiating Skills for Women Lawyers"; February 12, 2009, presenter
- MCLE Conference: Personal Injury Basics; March 15-16, 2004, co-chair and presenter
- Mealey's Toxic Tort Litigation 101 Conference; November 18-19, 2002, presenter
- Mealey's Latex 101 Teleconference; October 22, 2002, chair and presenter
- 2001 Bar Bench Conference: Voir Dire, Suffolk University Law School; participant in a forum of trial attorneys and judges
- "Insights into Experience-Based Expert Testimony," Suffolk University Law School, co-sponsored with the Macaronis Institute for Trial and Appellate Advocacy; April 6, 2001, presenter
- Mealey's National Daubert Litigation Conference; April 1998, chair
- Fellow of the American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association; Board of Directors, President (2003-2004)
- Defense Research Institute
- International Association of Defense Counsel