Ericka C. Hammett
Ericka focuses her practice on insurance coverage and defense matters. She defends insurance company clients and policyholders in complex commercial litigation and advises insurer clients on defense and indemnity obligations under a wide variety of commercial property and liability policies. Ericka’s practice areas include personal injury, construction defect, toxic torts, professional liability, attorney malpractice, first-party property and bad faith. Ericka also defends financial institution clients confronted with state and federal law counterclaims in foreclosure litigation.
Prior to joining Litchfield Cavo, Ericka worked as an attorney in Chicago where she practiced exclusively in the area of insurance law. In this position, Ericka obtained years of experience evaluating claims for insurance coverage under CGL, property and professional liability policies, litigating and negotiating settlement of coverage actions and bad faith claims, and allocating loss for long-tail environmental contamination and asbestos exposure claims over consecutive policy periods.
- University of Wisconsin Law School, JD, 2007; cum laude
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, BBA, 2003; with distinction, Management and Human Resources
- United States District Court: Northern District of Illinois, Eastern District of Wisconsin, Western District of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)