Erin F. Lorio
Erin specializes in commercial, transaction and civil defense litigation. She has defended national and international corporations, small business owners and carriers throughout Louisiana in state and federal courts.
Erin also has extensive experience advising business startups, drafting operating and partnership agreements, employment and commercial contracts. She also counsels individuals on wills and estate planning matters.
- Obtained defense verdict in a $2MM premises liability (slip and fall) case in Orleans Parish, Louisiana
- Secured summary judgment in favor of defendant-employer on liability in premises liability actions in Lafayette Parish, Louisiana
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, JD, 1999
- Seton Hall University, BA in Criminal Justice, 1994A
- United States District Courts: Eastern District of Louisiana, Middle Districts of Louisiana, Western District of Louisiana
- Certified “Professionalism” presenter, Louisiana State Bar Association continuing legal education seminars; 2014 – present
- Certified “Diversity” presenter, Louisiana State Bar Association continuing legal education seminars; April 2017 – present
- Instructor, “Drafting Pleadings,” Loyola University School of Law Skills Program, 2008-2012;
- Instructor, “United States Constitution, Louisiana's Civil Law,” Louisiana Center for Law & Civic Education “Lawyers in the Classroom” Program, 2010 – present;
- Instructor, “Law Related Education - Juvenile Offenses and the Louisiana Juvenile Justice System,” Youth Services Bureau of St. Tammany Parish; "Crossroads Delinquency Intervention Program"; December 2016 - present
- Volunteer Attorney, Pro Bono Project, New Orleans, Louisiana, 2003 - present.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™
- Moot Court Oralist, Loyola Law School
- Moot Court Board Member, Loyola Law School