Gary’s practice is devoted entirely to insurance coverage litigation and bad faith litigation. He counsels and represents insurance industry clients nationally on a wide array of coverage matters, including general liability, professional liability, automobile liability, and property coverage. His work involves every aspect of insurer representation from rendering coverage advice to prosecuting and defending declaratory actions at the trial court level and on appeal.
Gary has earned an AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell, which reflects the highest level of professional excellence. He is a frequent lecturer at seminars on insurance coverage and bad faith issues. He has been repeatedly listed in the Florida Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite as one of the top insurance coverage attorneys in the state.
- University of Florida; Leiden University, The Netherlands, JD, 1989; Student Works Editor, Florida International Law Journal
- University of Florida, BS (psychology), BA with honors (Russian studies), 1986
- Supreme Court of Florida
- United States District Courts: Middle District of Florida, Northern District of Florida, Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals: Eleventh Circuit
Representative Reported Cases
- Falcon Trust Group, Inc. v. Travelers Cas. & Sur. Co., 725 F.Supp.2d 1363 (S.D. Fla. 2010)
- Vozzcom, Inc. v. Great American Ins. Co., 666 F.Supp.2d 1332 (S.D. Fla.) aff'd 2010 WL 1226084 (11th Cir. 2010)
- Philadelphia Indem. Ins. Co. v. Yachtsman's Inn Condominium Assoc., 595 F.Supp.2d 1319 (S.D. Fla. 2009)
- U.S. Fire Ins. Co. v. James R. Mikes, et al., 576 F.Supp. 1303 (M.D. Fla. 2007)
- Sunshine Birds & Supplies Inc. v. U.S.F.&G., 696 So.2d 907 (Fla. 3rd DCA 1997)
- MCO Environmental Inc. v. Agricultural Excess & Surplus Ins. Co., 689 So.2d 1114 (Fla. 3rd DCA 1997)
- Delta Pride Catfish, Inc. v. Chicago Ins. Co., et al, 697 So.2d 400 (Miss. 1997)