H. Kent Twining
Kent concentrates his practice on professional liability, negligence, contractual disputes, and strict-liability defense. He defends corporations, partnerships, and other business ventures in all types of litigation relating to commercial and contractual disputes, oil and gas exploration, oil and gas services, construction claims and disputes, alleged manufacturer and design defects, employer/employee workplace disputes, workers' compensation defense, trucking and transportation claims, the delivery of medical and other health care claims, defective medical device claims, environmental tort claims, product liability, professional liability of all types, lender liability representing a large National Banking Institution, and toxic torts. Kent has been Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1987.
Kent has been elected by his peers to Advocate membership in the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). He has been designated a Texas Super Lawyer each year since 2005, and has been rated an AV® Preeminent™ lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell, representing the recognition of the highest level of professional excellence by his peers.
- University of Houston, JD, 1981
- University of Texas, BA, 1978
- United States District Court: Southern District of Texas, Eastern District of Texas, Northern District of Texas, Western District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals: Fifth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Greater Houston Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- American Board of Trial Advocates