J. Laurence von Barta
Laurence’s practice is focused on representing institutional lenders for various real estate issues including complex title litigation, condominium actions, 93A claims, landlord-tenant matters, municipal code violations and other property related disputes. He has extensive litigation experience in trials, mediations, and appellate practice.
Laurence previously worked for John Hancock Life Insurance, where he successfully completed complex regulatory filing projects for the U.S. Wealth Management division under strict time constraints as well as working with the annuities and mutual funds legal teams on a variety of SEC filing and regulatory matters. While in law school, he was as a legal intern at the Boston Stock Exchange as well as serving internships for the Office of the Attorney General and the Massachusetts Superior Court, where he interned for judges Botsford, Gaziano and Connor.
- New England School of Law, JD, 2006; New England Journal of International and Comparative Law, Associate Editor
- Hobart College, BA, 1999; economics
- New Hampshire
- Rhode Island
- United States District Courts: District of Massachusetts, District of New Hampshire, District of Rhode Island
- United States Court of Appeals: First Circuit
- New Hampshire Bar Association
Representative Reported Cases
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. v. Healey, 2014 WL 1348033 (D.Mass. April 02, 2014)
- SunTrust Mortg. Inc. v. Forsberg, 2013 WL 5783020 (Mass.Land Ct. October 28, 2013)
- Federal Home Loan Mortg. Corp. v. Desmet, 2013 WL 5273802 (D.N.H. September 17, 2013)