J. Philip Fraley
Phil’s practice encompasses defense work in the areas of medical malpractice, personal injury, property damage, product liability, toxic tort, premises liability, motor vehicle accidents, construction contract and construction defect litigation, and insurance coverage matters. Phil is a West Virginia State Bar trained mediator.
While in law school, Phil was on the National Environmental Law Moot Court Team and coauthored an award winning Appellate Brief for the Pace University Environmental Law Competition. Phil also served as an Associate Editor for the Ohio Northern Law Review, and he was selected for the Order of the Barristers.
Phil served as a police officer for the City of Beckley, West Virginia, working as a patrol officer, crime scene technician, and DARE instructor.
- Northern Ohio University, Petitt College of Law, JD, 2003; with distinction; Ohio Northern Law Review, Associate Editor
- Marshall University, BA, 1995; with honors
- West Virginia
- United States District Courts: Southern District of West Virginia, Northern District of West Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals: Fourth Circuit
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- Claim and Litigation Management Alliance