Fort Worth Office
- Telephone: 817-991-2470
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jan concentrates her practice on litigation matters including commercial, toxic tort, medical negligence, premises, and products liability. She serves as state counsel for companies with national “mass tort” litigations involving allegations of property damage and personal injury.
Since 1993, Jan has assisted in representation of DuPont, including the successful TMJ implant litigation, where DuPont prevailed in every TMJ case that went to a final judgment. She has also worked on the Texas asbestos premises liability litigation for DuPont since 1996.
In 1997, Jan began representing Whirlpool in products liability actions filed in Texas. She has prevailed at trial in federal court on behalf of Whirlpool.
Jan also serves as personal counsel to physicians involved in medical malpractice lawsuits. Being married to a physician has given her a unique insight into the emotional side of medical negligence litigation. She establishes relationships and produces results that protect and preserve her clients’ interests.
Jan has been rated an AV® Preeminent™ lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell, representing the recognition of the highest level of professional excellence by her peers.
- Texas Tech University School of Law, JD, 1988
- Angelo State University, BA, 1983; cum laude
- United States District Courts: Northern District of Texas, Southern District of Texas, Eastern District of Texas, Western Districts of Texas
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- DuPont Women Lawyers Network
Publications and Presentations
- "Survey of Medical/Legal Cases and their Ethical Issues—an Update," Liberty University College of Medicine, January 2017
- "Survey of Medical/Legal Cases and their Ethical Issues," Liberty University College of Medicine, January 2016
- "Ethical and Legal Issues Facing Practitioners: Case Studies," VOMA Spring Meeting, April 2014
- "Ethical and Legal Dilemmas of Emergency Medicine: Case Studies," Emergency Medicine Consultants CME Update, February 2005