Jeanne W. Sopher
Jeanne has represented manufacturers, sellers, equipment engineers and designers, contractors and employers in defense of toxic tort claims, including claims involving exposure to asbestos, isocyanates, benzene, silica and mold in Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
Jeanne has also represented clients facing various personal injury claims, including physicians and other medical professionals in defense of professional negligence claims. She has been involved in a wide variety of cases including missed cancer and other diagnoses, such as primary pulmonary hypertension, vascular events and intrauterine growth retardation, and cases involving the improper administration and management of medications. She has worked closely with numerous experts in a wide variety of specialties including pathology, radiology, pulmonology, neurology and internal medicine. She has successfully argued before the Superior Court of Pennsylvania and received favorable rulings from the Superior Court and Pennsylvania Supreme Court in a case involving the Pennsylvania Certificate of Merit Rules.
Before entering the practice of law, Jeanne worked as a financial analyst for a large financial institution.
She has been rated an AV® Preeminent™ lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell, representing the recognition of the highest level of professional excellence by her peers.
- Duquesne University School of Law, JD, 1993
- Duquesne University School of Business, MBA, 1987
- Duquesne University School of Business, BS, 1979; Business & Administration
- West Virginia
- United States District Courts: Western District of Pennsylvania, Middle District of Pennsylvania, Southern District of West Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals: Third Circuit
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute