Jennifer L. Marino
Jennifer focuses her practice in all areas of civil litigation, including personal injury defense, premises liability, construction defect disputes, food borne illnesses, liquor liability, automobile negligence, negligent security, retail & hospitality defense, and general liability claims. Her past experience includes the defense of large retail establishments, commercial and residential office and apartment complexes, and medical and financial institutions, as well as insurance and indemnity entities. She practiced in New York for five years before bringing her practice to Florida.
As a certified instructor for the Department of Insurance, Jennifer presents numerous Continuing Education courses throughout the year. Additionally, she presents a variety of courses at Industry Seminars, offering insight and education on topics including Risk Avoidance for the Commercial Property Owner, Liquor Liability, Ethics, Discovery, Evidence and Spoliation, Indemnity Claims, Defending Premises Liability Claims, Controlling the Construction Defect Claim, Frye or Daubert Challenges, and a variety of issues facing her clients.
Jennifer is rated AV® Preeminent™ lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell, representing the recognition of the highest level of professional excellence by her peers, and has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© List for her work in the area of Insurance Litigation for the years 2015-17, and has been selected for the 2018 24th Edition as well. She was listed in Florida SuperLawyers as a Florida Rising Star in 2010, a designation given to only 2.5% of eligible lawyers in the state.
- Benjamin Cardoza School of Law, JD, 2000
- Long Island University CW Post, BA, 1997; magna cum laude
- New York
- United States District Courts: Middle District of Florida, Southern District of New York, Eastern District of New York
- Council of Litigation Management
- Risk and Insurance Management Society
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Academy of Hospitality Attorneys
- CLM Retail, Restaurant & Hospitality Committee