John V. Barbieri
John has extensive experience in all aspects of personal injury, property damage, and insurance defense litigation. His areas of concentration are construction and labor law litigation, premises liability, products liability, insurance coverage, executive and professional liability, dental and medical malpractice, security cases, toxic torts, employment, asbestos, and automobile/trucking matters. As a trial lawyer, he has handled scores of mediations, arbitrations and appeals and achieved favorable (and reported) jury verdicts in many courts throughout New York. John is the co-author, with partner Michael Dvorkin, of “Surveillance Footage in Litigation,” published in the New York Law Journal, November 7, 2013.
John is also the author of two popular trivia books about New York City, in which his former law professor, David D. Siegel, participated as editor. He was also the co-host and legal analyst (2005-2007) on The New Yorkers TV Show and has served since 2005 as a New York City tour guide and as a volunteer NYC Trivia/History Expert on Allexperts.com.
- St. John's University School of Law, JD, 1986
- St. John's University, BS, 1982; accounting, magna cum laude; Taxicab Union Scholarship Recipient
- New York
- United States District Courts: Eastern District of New York, Southern District of New York
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- New York County Lawyers Association
Representative Reported Cases
- Parbatie Singh v. City of New York, 24 N.Y.S.3d 407 (App.Div., 2nd Dept., 2016)
- Winder v. Executive Cleaning Services, LLC, 91 A.D.3d 865, 936 N.Y.S.2d 687 (App.Div., 2nd Dept., 2012)
- Unanue v. Rennert, 39 A.D.3d 289, 831 N.Y.S.3d 904 (App.Div., 1st Dept., 2007)
- David v. Astrologo, 24 A.D.3d 251, 805 N.Y.S.2d 283 (App.Div., 1st Dept., 2005)
- Chelsea Associates, LLC, Turner Construction Company, and Liberty Mutual Insurance Company v. Laquila-Pinnacle and Gerling Insurance Company, (New York S.C., New York County, 2004)