Kevin practices in the areas of environmental and toxic tort litigation, focusing primarily on defense of claims involving asbestos and other toxic exposures.
Kevin has over thirty years of experience defending clients in asbestos defense litigation. He has significant experience representing manufacturers, suppliers, contractors and premise owners and has successfully defended thousands of claims throughout the state of Louisiana. He is also actively engaged in asbestos litigation in Arkansas, California, Mississippi, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Texas, and West Virginia. He assists local counsel in other jurisdictions with strategies and defenses, coordination of discovery, attending corporate depositions, working with expert witnesses, trial preparation, and settlement negotiations. Kevin understands the complexities of mass tort litigation and is well-versed in working with prominent experts including industrial hygienists, toxicologists, pathologists, pulmonary physicians, human factor experts, epidemiologists, and economists. He defends both individual and mass claims.
He has effectively defended clients in other toxic tort litigation, including silica, NORM, welding fumes, paint spray and vinyl chloride.
Kevin has also been successful in representing clients in product liability, trucking, and insurance defense litigation.
- Louisiana State University, JD, 1986
- St. Norbert College, BA, 1983, cum laude
- United States District Courts: Eastern District of Louisiana, Middle District of Louisiana, Western District of Louisiana
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Pro Bono Law Firm Publico Award, 2017
- Louisiana Pro Bono Law Firm of the Year, Pro Bono Project, 2015
- Wills for Heroes
- Rebuilding Together New Orleans
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™
- Louisiana Law Faculty Scholarship, 1986