Leslie A. Wheelin
Leslie has dedicated her legal career to defending a broad range of matters throughout New York and Connecticut state courts. Her litigation practice focuses on the representation of property owners, contractors and developers in New York labor law and property damage cases. She has successfully represented municipalities in actions involving contractual and employment disputes, in addition to pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, physicians and long term care facilities in numerous professional liability matters. She also has served as monitoring counsel, on a national level, for insurers of long-term care facilities.
Leslie was elected Note and Casenote Editor of Quinnipiac Law Review at Quinnipiac University School of Law. She additionally served as an intern for the Honorable Janet Bond Arterton of the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut.
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, JD, 2006; cum laude
- Colgate University, BA, 2001
- New York
- United States District Court: District of Connecticut
- "Strategies for Defending Malpractice Claims Against Radiologists in an Era of a Heightened Duty to Report," The Risk Management Quarterly, Association for Healthcare Risk Management of New York, Inc. (Spring 2011), co-author
- "Recent Developments in Medicine and the Law," Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal, American Bar Association (Winter 2010), co-author
- "Jacobs v. United States Track & Field: Inequitable Procedures Win Gold in Olympic Arbitration," Quinnipiac Law Review (2006)