Marc V. Allaria
Marc's practice focuses on the defense of professional liability claims, employment, and labor law matters. He has appeared successfully in state, federal, and appellate courts throughout California as well as in proceedings before the Labor Commissioner, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing. Marc's professional liability clients represent a wide variety of industries, including finance, manufacturing, health care, farming, automobile, retail, and restaurants and entertainment. He has defended numerous class action claims in both state and federal court. Marc also has experience handling FINRA claims for financial services industry clients. In addition, he has handled intellectual property, toxic exposure claims, premises liability, and governmental liability matters.
Marc also has served as both general manager and general counsel in the hotel and restaurant industries, where he managed more than 100 employees. His experience in hotel and restaurant operations and management provides him with a keen and unique understanding of the day-to-day challenges business owners face.
- Southwestern University Law School, JD, 1993
- Tulane University International Law Program, 1992
- California State University at Long Beach, BA, 1988; economics
- United States District Courts: Northern District of California, Central District of California, Southern District of California, Eastern District of California
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Italian American Lawyers Association
Representative Reported Case
Mathis v. Screen Actors Guild Producer Pension Health Plan, No. B220046, 2011 WL 199002 (Cal. Ct. App. 2011)