Michael C. Heyden, Jr.
Mike concentrates his practice on the representation of insurers in coverage and extra-contractual liability counseling and litigation, as well as the defense of insureds and self-insureds in casualty matters. This experience includes the defense of products liability, premises liability, liquor liability, executive and professional liability, and employment discrimination matters. Mike also maintains an active docket of commercial and real estate disputes, including eminent domain matters.
Mike has also defended nation-wide product manufacturers and contractors in toxic tort litigation in Pennsylvania, Delaware, and New Jersey, and has extensive experience in benzene and asbestos litigation.
Mike is a life-long lawyer, having worked in his father’s law office from an early age, up until his graduation from law school. After graduating from law school, Mike was a law clerk at the Delaware Superior Court. Prior to joining Litchfield Cavo, Mike worked at a regional firm focusing on maritime and products liability law.
- Rutgers School of Law at Camden, JD, 2010
- Wake Forest University, BA, 2007; biology and English
- New Jersey
- United States District Courts: District of New Jersey, District of Delaware, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Defense Research Institute
- Delaware State Bar Association
- “Availability of Summary Judgment on the issue of "Serious Injury" in Limited Tort Automobile Injury Cases,” The Legal Intelligencer, November 6, 2013.