Michael K. Dvorkin
Michael has had over 20 years of experience as a litigator. He has successfully represented corporate, municipal and individual clients through trial and appeal in a wide variety of practice areas including commercial general liability, construction, New York State Labor Law, labor and employment law, premises liability, professional liability (medical and non-medical), security guard litigation, motor vehicle/trucking liability, insurance coverage, copyright infringement, toxic torts, products liability, foreclosure and workers' compensation.
Michael is the coauthor, with partner John Barbieri, of “Surveillance Footage in Litigation,” published in the New York Law Journal, November 7, 2013.
Michael serves on the Board of The Pelham Jewish Center, has been a youth soccer coach and is a musician, playing lead guitar for several bands and songwriters and appears on several commercially available recordings by various artists. He plays gigs in and around the New York metropolitan area frequently, and in Nashville once.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, JD, 1992
- State University of New York at Albany, BA, 1989
- New York
- United States District Courts: Southern District of New York, Eastern District of New York, Western District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
Representative Reported Cases
- Rodriguez v. Glibane/TDX Joint Venture, 102 A.D.3d 484, 958 N.Y.Sd. 130 (1st Dept., 2013)
- Castellon v. Reinsberg, 82 A.D.3d 635, 920 N.Y.S.2d 62 (1st Dept., 2011)
- Sferazza v. Arcade Cleaning Contractors, 296 A.D.2d 338, 744 N.Y.S.2d 673 (1st Dept., 2002)
- Bouloy v. Peters, 262 A.D.2d 209, 692 N.Y.S.2d 329 (1st Dept., 1999)