Mitchell S. Kim
Mitchell is an accomplished business litigator who has tried multiple cases in both bench and jury trials for Fortune 500 companies in various litigation matters. His practice covers multiple facets of commercial law, including labor and employment, copyright and trademark, products liability, clothing retail, complex commercial, premises liability, personal injury and general liability defense. He serves as a general outside counsel for multiple private corporations that range in size and capacity. He also has litigation experience in areas such as complex commercial litigation, premises liability, and personal injury.
In law school, Mitchell was selected as a Finalist Writer in the Moot Court Honors program. He was also a member of the Trial Advocacy Honors Program, the Asian Pacific American Law Students Association, and the Entertainment and Sports Law Society. He served as a judicial extern for Honorable Alan B. Honeycutt and Honorable Andrew C. Kauffman (Ret.) of the Los Angeles County Superior Court. He also served as a certified law clerk for the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office, V.I.P. program. Mitchell is included on the lists of the 2014, 2015, and 2016 Pasadena Top Attorney Award, based on the recommendations of his peers.
Mitchell is a board member of Alhambra’s Police Foundation, member of Alhambra’s Chamber of Commerce, and a member of the Korean American Chamber of Commerce of Orange County in addition to his bar association memberships.
Mitchell speaks fluent Korean and provides pro bono counseling to the Korean American Apparel Manufacturers Association. While not practicing law, he enjoys many different types of sports, including football, soccer, baseball, mixed martial arts and is an avid Lakers fan.
- Southwestern Law School, JD
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), BA; Dean's List
- United States District Courts: Central District of California, Southern District of California
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Orange County Korean American Bar Association
- Korean American Bar Association of Southern California
Presentations and Publications
- "The Importance of Training Owners, Managers, and Supervisors in Policies and Procedures Provided in Employee Handbooks," August 18, 2016, “Secrets for Your Success, “ Alhambra Chamber of Commerce
- "Facing Adversity: The Effects of Current Economic Downturn on the Garment Industry," Sedgwick LLP’s Media Law Bulletin, September 2016 edition