Nancy A. Cundiff
Nancy is experienced in handling complex insurance coverage disputes, class actions, employment discrimination, and medical malpractice matters. She serves as regional counsel for Extended Stay America, Inc. and its third party adjuster, Broadspire. She also has served as lead counsel for corporate and municipal entities in numerous commercial litigation, products liability, premises liability and toxic tort matters.
Nancy has litigated products liability suits nationwide on behalf of a national corporate client, including its multiple subsidiaries. She also manages and litigates the Louisiana asbestos docket for another national client, and has managed medical malpractice matters for a local hospital. She has successfully investigated and obtained summary dismissals in multiple federal law suits filed against a local municipality and recently prevailed in a bench trial on a $1.5 million dollar commercial lease dispute in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana.
Nancy was included in Texas Super Lawyers list of Rising Stars in 2012, 2013, 2015, and 2016, a select designation given to only 2.5% of lawyers in the state.
- Loyola University School of Law, JD, 2002; cum laude
- University of Southern Mississippi, BA, 1998; psychology, honors
- United States District Courts: Eastern District of Louisiana, Middle District of Louisiana, Western District of Louisiana
- St. Tammany Young Lawyers Association, past president and board member
- 22nd Judicial District Court Bar Association, officer-elect for 2018
- Louisiana Claims Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
Publications and Presentations
- “Nuts and Bolts of Claims Going into Litigation,” CE for Broadspire insurance adjusters, July 20, 2017; speaker
- “Impacts of the FMLA on Your Small Business,” Covington Bar Association, Spring 2015; speaker
- “Confronting Catastrophe: Pandemics, Hurricanes, Terrorists – Oh My!” American Bar Association Litigation Section CLE on Insurance Coverage, February 27, 2008, Tucson, Arizona; speaker
- “The Role of Loss Adjusters and Consultants in the First-Party Insurance Claim: A Policyholder Perspective,” Committee on Insurance Coverage Litigation, Coverage, Vol. 17, No. 1, American Bar Association (September/October 2006); contributing author
- “Hurricane Katrina: It’s an Ill Wind That Blows No Good,” Panel Presentation, ABA 35th Annual Conference on Environmental Law, Keystone, Colorado, March 2006; contributing author
- "Independent Fire Insurance v. Sunbeam: Applying the Daubert-Foret Standard at the Summary Judgment Level," Casenote, 47 Loy. L. Review 943, Summer 2001