Patrick S. Kenney
Pat focuses his practice on insurance coverage, extra-contractual bad faith litigation and insurance defense, including premises liability and personal injury litigation. Pat is experienced in all aspects of insurance coverage litigation leading up to trial in state and federal courts. He counsels clients on insurance issues and provides in-depth analysis of various liability and first party property coverage policies including CGL, E&O, All Risk and Builder’s Risk policies.
In law school, Pat won CALI awards for Excellence in Civil Litigation Strategy and Trial Advocacy II. As an undergraduate, he played Division I Hockey and was also named to the Atlantic Hockey All-Academic Team.
- DePaul University College of Law, JD; 2014
- Canisius College, BA, 2011; political science
- United States District Courts: Northern District of Illinois, Central District of Illinois, Southern District of Illinois, Northern District of Indiana
- United States Court of Appeals: Seventh Circuit
- United States Bankruptcy Court: Northern District of Indiana
- Defense Research Institute: Young Lawyers, Bad Faith, CGL, and First-Party Property Committees
- “As Trump Declares “We Are Out” of the Paris Accord, Investors Demand More Climate Change Risk Disclosure from Within” Sedgwick’s C-Suite Risk Report (July 2017)