Paul A. Ruscheinski
Paul currently focuses his practice on matters of professional and executive liability and toxic tort defense. In the professional liability area, he has represented a variety of professionals, including attorneys, physicians, nurses, dentists, hospitals, pharmacies, nursing homes, and accountants, in malpractice matters.
In the toxic tort area, Paul has defended companies in claims involving asbestos, benzene, and mold. He has additional experience in premises liability, products liability, auto, employment, construction, and commercial litigation matters.
Before entering private practice, Paul served as an assistant state’s attorney in the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office’s Criminal Prosecutions and Traffic Enforcement bureaus. As an assistant state’s attorney, he filed more than 30 appellate briefs, argued before the Illinois Appellate Court’s 1st District several times, and tried numerous jury cases.
Paul serves as a volunteer with Chicago Volunteer Legal Services, an organization which provides legal services and advice to thousands of low-income Chicago residents each year.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, JD, 2003
- University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana, BS, 1999; economics
- United States District Court: Northern District of Illinois
- Chicago Bar Association
Publications and Presentations
- "Conflicts of Interest in the Defense of the Insured Defendants," Resolute Management, Inc. May 8, 2014
- "Navigating a Lawsuit in Illinois and Missouri," Berkley Specialty, March 14, 2014
- "A Bad Moon on the Rise? The Development of Liability for Secondary Exposure to Asbestos," Donald Patrick Eckler and Paul Ruscheinski, IDC Quarterly, August 2012
- "Something Wicked This Way Comes: The Tripartite Relationship and Conflicts of Interest in the Defense of Insured Defendants," Resolute Management, Inc., Midwest Division, Dec. 7, 2011
- "The Wild Wild West – How Recent Medicare Changes Impact Asbestos Litigation in Illinois," Resolute Management Inc., Midwest Division, July 29, 2011
Recent Representative Trials and Reported Cases
- Panszczyk v. Eric Jackson, DDS, 11 L 8216 (tried successfully to verdict June 1-9, 2015 in Cook County, IL)
- Gelber v. Duro Dyne, 13 L 13260 (tried Feb.-Mar. 2015 in Cook County, IL; case settled before verdict)
- Rollins v. Subba Rao, M.D., 08 L 5655 (tried successfully to verdict Feb. 25-Mar. 5, 2013 in Cook County, IL)
- Dugo v. McDuff, D.O., 06 L 628 (tried June 4-5, 2010 in DuPage County, IL; case settled before verdict)