Robin B. Rothman
Robin’s expertise in insurance defense litigation spans more than twenty-five years of dedicated practice. Her civil litigation practice focuses on all aspects of third party insurance defense litigation, including general injury and property damage matters involving both commercial and residential properties, motor vehicle accidents, and uninsured motorist claims. She also handles wrongful death matters and construction defects, liability coverage, insurer bad faith, executive and professional liability, employment, asbestos claims and other insurance-related claims. She has also practiced in diverse areas of law such as estate planning, real estate, landlord/tenant, medical malpractice, personal injury, and commercial transactions.
Robin has served as a judge for local high school community debates and is a long time participant and fundraiser for Race for the Cure.
- St. John’s University School of Law, JD, 1982; Dean’s List 1980-1982
- Queens College of the City University of New York, BA, 1979; summa cum laude, psychology
- New York
- United States District Courts: Northern District of Florida, Middle District of Florida, Southern District of Florida, Eastern District of New York, Southern District of New York
- Defense Research Institute, Insurance Law committee
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
Representative Reported Cases
- Bluff’s Condominium Assn, Inc. v. Allstate Insurance Co. (Fla.5th DCA 2004)
- Corzo v. American Superior Insurance Co., 847 So.2d 584 (Fla.3rd DCA 2003)
- Tobin v. Sunshine State Insurance Co., 777 So.2d 1207 (Fla. 3rd DCA 2003)
- Rodriguez v. Allstate Insurance Co., 713 So.2d 1119 (Fla. 3rd DCA 1998)