Shari D. Smith
Shari practices primarily in the area of insurance defense and commercial and complex business litigation with an emphasis on representation of directors and officers, agents and brokers, and others in professional liability and community association matters.
Prior to joining Litchfield Cavo, Shari practiced with a Fort Lauderdale-based litigation firm handling medical malpractice, hospital and long-term care liability defense, and general liability.
While in law school, Shari was awarded the Dean’s Honor Scholarship and participated in the University of Miami School of Law Mock Trial Competition; advancing to the quarterfinalist round. In addition, Shari served as a legal intern to the Honorable Justice R. Fred Lewis of the Florida Supreme Court, interned with the Florida Immigration Advocacy Center, and clerked with a Miami-based litigation firm handling appellate and labor and employment defense.
- University of Miami School of Law, JD, 2011; Dean’s Honor Scholar
- Florida State University, BA, 2008; Dean’s List
- United States District Court: Southern District of Florida
- American Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- Caribbean Bar Association
- “Introduction to Civil Litigation,” T.J. Reddick Bar Association, 2015