Terry M. Womac
Terry's practice focuses on complex and serious loss litigation; he has tried many cases to a verdict involving a wide range of subject areas which include civil trial litigation, commercial litigation, insurance defense and coverage defense litigation, oilfield liability involving both personal injury and downhole loss, petrochemical and refinery liability, medical negligence defense, lender liability representing a large National Banking Institution, personal injury litigation, construction defect/liability litigation, and product liability litigation. He is an AV® Preeminent™ lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell, representing the recognition of the highest level of professional excellence by his peers.
Terry is board-certified in Civil Trial Law and Personal Injury Trial Law by Texas Board of Legal Specializations and as a Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. He has been listed in Texas Super Lawyers each year since 2011, and included in the list The Best Lawyers in America in the field of personal injury litigation from 2012 to 2016.
Terry has had the opportunity to speak and write for numerous continuing legal education seminars, including Professional Education Systems, Inc., on topics including "Texas-Settling Insurance Claims," "Texas Depositions: Strategies, Tactics & Mechanics," "Texas Evidence Workshop," and for the State Bar of Texas, "16th Annual Advanced Personal Injury Law Course-Stowers, Bad Faith, Soriano."
- University of Houston, JD, 1976; Order of the Barons, member
- Texas State University, BA, 1973
- Supreme Court of Texas
- United States District Courts: Eastern District of Texas, Northern District of Texas, Southern District of Texas, Western District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals: Fifth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- "Keeping Up with Technology - Understanding the Threats, Exposure and Mitigation Options Related to Cyberattacks," Energy Executive, July 2015; co-author