Tobin A. Butler
Tobey’s practice focuses on commercial and personal defense litigation in state, federal and appellate courts, including employment discrimination, real estate transactions, professional malpractice, wrongful death, products liability, traumatic brain injury, premises liability, dram shop, homeowners associations, construction defect, fire subrogation, automobile negligence, toxic tort, insurance coverage, executive, professional, and employer’s liability defense, and environmental matters. He also has experience in handling workers' compensation, first-party property, trucking, and general liability matters. He regularly participates in alternative dispute resolution and has acted as a mediator in state court matters. Tobey has also appeared before administrative agencies such as the EEOC and the New Jersey and Pennsylvania Divisions of Civil Rights. He has represented not-for-profit entities in specialized cases involving preservation of an abandoned railroad and a private art collection.
Tobey has previous experience in real estate closings, workers’ compensation, wills and estates, municipal court matters, plaintiff’s personal injury, personal injury protection, and insurance subrogation. He previously acted as solicitor to several New Jersey Municipalities. Tobey served as judicial law clerk to the Honorable William L. Forester, Superior Court of New Jersey, Cumberland County, in 1995 and 1996.
- The Dickinson School of Law, Pennsylvania State University, JD, 1995; cum laude, Woolsack Honor Society
- The College of New Jersey, BS, 1992; cum laude, Business Administration, Delta Mu Delta National Honor Society in Business Administration
- New Jersey
- United States District Courts: District of New Jersey, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals: Third Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Cumberland County Bar Association, Junior Trustee, 1997-98