Wendy W. Bishop
Wendy focuses her practice on commercial and civil litigation in both state and federal courts. She has successfully represented individuals and companies in a broad range of auto, oil & gas, construction, product defect, and personal injury cases. She also has extensive experience in appellate law.
Wendy has worked on a number of large, document intensive cases. She applies the knowledge and experience from her Management Information Systems (MIS) degree to review, analyze and work with clients on technology solutions for effectively conducting the e-discovery portion of the case. Wendy was also one of the first attorneys in Texas to work with the Supreme Court of Texas Clerk on preparing electronically hyperlinked appellate briefs.
Some of Wendy’s favorable outcomes for clients include:
- Successfully defending a Houston oil field manufacturer in the multi-district litigation arising from the blow-out of BP’s Deepwater Horizon well in the Gulf of Mexico, one of the largest civil cases ever filed over one of the largest environmental disasters of the industrial age.
- Winning a trial verdict of more than a million dollars for the Plaintiff in an employment dissolution case.
- St Mary’s University School of Law, JD, 2008
- University of Texas at Austin, McCombs School of Business, BBA, 2003
- United States District Courts: Southern District of Texas, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court: Bankruptcy Court
- Member, Texas Bar Association’s Appellate Practice Section