Litchfield Cavo LLP is a recognized leader in insurance defense. Since 1998, the firm has been a single resource for solutions to multi-faceted claims disputes around the country.
Major insurance carriers and self-insured entities rely on the firm's comprehensive representation and valuable counsel. They also count on our attorneys' unwavering commitment to client priorities. We built our reputation on excellence in the courtroom and on personal service.
Meticulous, efficient advocacy
Our experienced attorneys collaborate with clients nationwide in establishing defense strategies that achieve results and stay on budget. Litchfield Cavo vigorously defends actions relating to:
- General liability. The firm defends individual and business insureds in commercial and personal litigation of all complexities.
- Professional liability. Our practice encompasses defending medical and non-medical professionals, including corporate executives, financial institutions and real estate professionals, against claims of misconduct and standards violations.
- Toxic torts. Our significant experience includes representing every type of defendant in commercial and personal policy lawsuits regarding injury and property damage claims stemming from perceived environmental hazards.
- Products liability. Defense of manufacturers, distributors and designers is a core area of concentration for our firm. Our attorneys have coordinated national defense of product injury and damage actions.
- Construction. Construction-related insureds and their insurance carriers turn to our attorneys for defense of injury, property damage, defective construction and other building claims.
- Trucker liability. Litigators at our firm defend trucking companies of all types and sizes in personal injury and first- and third-party liability matters.
- Employment liability. We defend a variety of corporate and government clients in cases involving discrimination, retaliation, defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
- Intellectual property. Our lawyers defend against claims of intellectual copyright infringement, unfair competition and theft of trade secrets.
- Weather-related catastrophe. Our experience includes successfully defending claims related to myriad weather-related catastrophe claims, including earthquakes and mudslides in California, hurricanes in south Florida and the Gulf, and northeastern winter storms including Superstorm Sandy.
- Workers’ compensation. Large and small businesses depend on our high-caliber defense for work injury claims in administrative hearings and in litigation.
In addition to providing a thorough defense at the state and federal trial levels, the firm has a robust appellate practice.