Alan has an extensive background in business litigation. He focuses his practice on business disputes between and within firms, including breach of contract, trademark infringement, copyright infringement and breach of fiduciary duty claims and on the defense of professionals including insurance agents, real estate agents and attorneys. His experience includes antitrust, securities, banking and product liability litigation, insurance coverage and regulatory enforcement involving the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). From 1992 until 2002, Alan served as General Counsel and Vice President of Legal and Regulatory Affairs for Nobel Biocare USA, Inc., the US subsidiary of the world’s leader in dental implants.
Alan served as the Managing Partner of Litchfield Cavo LLP since the Firm’s inception in 1998 until January 2020.
- Schodrof v. CC Services, Inc., 2022 IL App. (1st) 211227-U
- Hoover v. Country Mutual Insurance Co., 2012 IL App. (1st) 110939
- Rexnord Corp. v. American Employers Ins. Co., 2012 IL App. (2d) 111025-U
- Gredell v. Wyeth Laboratories, Inc., 367 Ill. App. 3d 287 (1st Dist. 2006)
- Citizen Offset, Inc. v. Web Press Corp., 22 F.3d 1094 (5th Cir. 1994)
- Core-Vent Corp. v. Nobel Industries AB, 11 F.3d 1482 (9th Cir. 1993)
- Johnston v. Bumba, 764 F.Supp. 1263 (N.D. Ill. 1991), affd., 983 F.2d 1072 (7th Cir. 1992)
- Hickory Creek Nursery, Inc. v. Johnston, 167 Ill.App.3d 449 (3d Dist. 1988)
- Fontana Aviation, Inc. v. The Cessna Aircraft Co., 617 F.2d 478 (7th Cir. 1980)
- Fisher v. First National Bank of Chicago, 538 F.2d 1284 (7th Cir. 1976)
- Chemetron Corp. v. McLouth Steel Corp., 522 F.2d 469 (7th Cir. 1975)