Alan focuses his practice on insurance defense litigation in the areas of construction negligence, catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death and commercial litigation relating to labor and employment disputes. He has extensive experience in professional malpractice including defending executives and employers, corporate and business litigation, products liability and trucking liability. Alan has represented clients in arbitrations and in numerous jury trials to verdict in state courts throughout Illinois.
Alan is a current member of Litchfield Cavo LLP’s COVID-19 Resource Team.
- Frulla v. Champion Exposition, et al., 2012 L 001381
- Tried successfully to verdict March 13-23, 2017, in Cook County, IL
- Wartalski v. JSB Const. and Consulting Co., 384 Ill.App.3d 139, 892 N.E.2d 122 (Ill.App. 1 Dist., 2008)
- Tried to verdict limiting client’s apportioned liability to less than one-third of the total fault allocated to all parties
- Laura Herrera, Individually and as Supervised Administrator of the Estate of Filiberto Herrera v. Summit Design and Build, Inc., et al., 2019 IL App (1st) 181404-U
- Successfully defended plaintiff’s appeal of lower court’s dismissal of wrongful death claims against client on grounds that the applicable statute of limitations affirmatively barred those claims