Andrew’s practice focuses on toxic tort litigation. He has been involved in the defense of asbestos cases in both Federal and State courts since 1990, representing a wide range of defendants from Fortune 500 companies, domestic and foreign product manufacturers, contractors, distributors and suppliers as well as property owners and retailers. Andrew has extensive experience with other toxic exposure claims including mold, carbon monoxide, dimethylformamide (DMF), benzene, formaldehyde, electromagnetic radiation (EMF), pressure-treated wood (CCA), sick building and chemical sensitivity cases.
Over the last 15 years, Andrew has secured dismissals at the trial and appellate courts in defense of property owners and contractors in claims involving infant exposures to lead paint. Andrew heads a team of skilled attorneys experienced in the ever-evolving landscape of mass tort litigation throughout the State of New York.
- New York City Asbestos Litig. (Cohen), 2018 WL 3306752, 2018 N.Y. Slip Op. 31481(U), 1 (N.Y. Sup. Ct. 2018)
- Sirico v. Beckerle Lumber Supply Co., Inc.227 A.D.2d 396, 642 N.Y.S.2d 55 N.Y.A.D. (Second Department, 1996)
- Behrbom v. Healthco Intern., Inc.285 A.D.2d 573, 728 N.Y.S.2d 96 N.Y.A.D. (Second Department, 2001)
- Urbaniak, et. al. v. Shoreline Cruises, et al. (Lake George ferry boat sinking) 05-cv-1408 (USDC-NDNY, 2006)
- McGrath v. Transitional Services of New York for Long Island, Inc., 63 A.D.3d 1121, 883 N.Y.S.2d 542 N.Y.A.D. (Second Department, 2009)
- In Re: New York City Asbestos Litigation (Andrucki) 190377/2010 (Sup. Ct., NY Cty.)
- Marshall v. Medallion Products, et al. 13-cv-4475 (USDC-SDNY, 2015)
- Secured defense verdict in favor of manufacturer of a drain cleaning product which allegedly exploded upon opening, causing eye and skin injuries to the plaintiff