Brian is a founding partner of the Firm’s Kansas City, Missouri, office. He has more than 30 years of experience representing individuals and corporations in complex tort and commercial litigation. Brian has tried more than 60 cases to verdict and has handled nearly 100 appeals. His representative clients comprise Fortune 50 companies, a nationwide group health insurer, and a global door and security management systems manufacturer. Brian’s practice also includes representing medical and non-medical professionals and practice groups; lenders, financial institutions and investment advisors; and, agricultural cooperatives.
In addition to his legal practice, Brian is committed to public service. He is a volunteer for the Kansas Bar Association’s Pillars of Professionalism Committee, the Kansas Task Force on Lawyer Well-Being and various lawyer’s assistance programs throughout Missouri and Kansas.
- Williams v. Bellerive, 628 S.W.3d 694 (Mo. Ct. App. 2021)
- Smothers v. Trugly, 475 S.W.3d 203 (Mo. Ct. App. 2015)
- Jefferson Acquisition, LLC v. CCSB Financial Corp., 406 S.W.3d 119 (Mo. Ct. App. 2013)
- Prime v. Beta Gamma Chapter of Pi Kappa Alpha, 273 Kan. 828, 47 P.3d 402 (2002)
- Key v. Hein, Ebert & Weir, Chtd., 265 Kan. 124, 960 P.2d (1998)
- Kansas Public Employers Retirement System v. Reimer & Koger Associates, Inc., 262 Kan. 110, 936 P.2d 714 (1997)
- Brown v. United Methodist Homes for the Aged, 249 Kan. 124, 815 P.2d 72 (1991)