Brenda joined the firm in 2017 as a partner, and is regularly retained as counsel in all aspects of commercial and corporate litigation. Specifically, she actively defends commercial, toxic tort, construction defect, premises and products liability, and commercial trucking and transportation cases in both federal and state courts. Brenda also represents employers in a wide range of employment litigation including claims of discrimination, harassment and retaliation and ERISA-related claims. She assists employers in the coordinated response to charges of discrimination before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Texas Workforce Commission, and other federal, state and local agencies.
As part of her real estate practice, Brenda has experience in the negation of commercial and retail leases, and handles all aspects of the acquisition of commercial real estate properties, including advisement of matters related to zoning modification and approvals.
- Managed, defended and resolved cases involving thousands of claimants for premises defendants and product manufacturers in trial courts throughout the state of Texas
- Served as co-counsel on behalf of a Fortune 500 client in relation to a gross negligence/wrongful death case resulting from a commercial construction site pending in Dallas County, Texas, in which the client was successfully dismissed prior to trial based on the development of strong motion practice and witness testimony.
- Served as co-counsel in alleged asbestos and silica exposure cases pending throughout state courts in Texas
- Participation in a jury trial in Tarrant County, Texas on behalf of the defense of a national business owner, which resulted in a defense verdict, finding no negligence for her client.
- Serves as outside counsel to a national trucking company, assisting in all aspects of transportation defense
- Serves as lead outside co-counsel for a 3,500+ store publicly held national retailer, handing retail lease negotiations throughout the U.S.