At Litchfield Cavo LLP, Brain focuses his practice mainly on defending cases involving premises liability, dram shop actions and products liability.
Brian’s practice includes both defense and coverage work. He has defended a number of liability cases to verdict and argued before the Rhode Island Supreme Court. He has experience defending police departments and municipalities in cases involving excessive force, employment discrimination and premises liability claims.
- Defended a large school department and high-school coach accused of Title VII and Title IX discrimination for limiting the playing time of a varsity student-athlete
- Successfully defended a police officer and municipality accused of failing to arrest a suspected drunk driver who later was involved in a serious auto accident
- Defended to a successful verdict a large school department accused of discriminating against an employee on the basis of her depression
- Defended to a successful verdict a large school department accused of firing an outspoken special education teacher for retaliation
- Defended police officers accused of excessive force in shooting the passenger of a fleeing car thief
- Carlson v. South Kingstown, 111 A.3d 819 (R.I. 2015)
- Prevailed in an appeal of a trial court’s dismissal of a case brought against a municipality for failing to maintain a baseball field after the plaintiff fell in a divot along the first-base line