Ed is an experienced litigator with more than 20 years of experience representing electrical utility companies in an array of litigation matters in in state and federal courts in West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Ohio. He focuses his practice in toxic tort, products, premises and trucking liability. He defends clients in the fields of utility and mining, construction and transportation for matters involving electrical contact, fire and explosion, construction and property damage. Ed also handles commercial disputes between electrical utility clients and other utility providers.
Ed has represented a number of Fortune 500 utility and mining companies in litigation matters that include catastrophic injury, deliberate intent and wrongful death matters. He also actively defends credit unions in financial and commercial litigation, including claims arising from the ADA, FDCA and state consumer credit protection statutes.
He is a frequent speaker at conferences that address toxic tort, utility and mass litigation and is currently national coordinating counsel for multiple product manufacturers in asbestos litigation.
- Obtained complete indemnification on behalf of electrical utility client from contractor whose employee was killed in a fall at client’s power station
- Received defense verdict in bench trial on behalf client in claim brought by telecommunications company alleging that client had damaged underground lines during maintenance activities
- Obtained favorable settlement in electrocution case in which an employee of a telephone company was killed when attempting to raise telephone and cable lines and came into contact with electrical utility primary line
- Favorably resolved wrongful death case in which electrical utility client employee was killed when the crane he was operating overturned
- Won summary judgment in electrical contact matter in which plaintiff came into contact with client’s transmission line while delivering construction materials