Gwen is a trial attorney with more than 28 years of experience representing companies and individuals in state and federal courts. She has tried dozens of cases to verdict and earned Board Certification from the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Personal Injury Trial Law. Gwen is distinguished by her robust case assessments and risk evaluations, her nimble approach to trial strategy and her ability to get up to speed quickly on complex issues. She thrives in a courtroom and her deliberate, authentic style of advocacy has proven compelling for both judges and juries. Gwen’s defense clients have benefited from the strategic insight she honed during two decades as a go-to plaintiffs’ attorney on challenging matters.
- Represented large oil field services company in all phases of Deepwater Horizon litigation in Eastern District of Louisiana resulting from the BP Oil Spill, leading the litigation team in Phase Two of the litigation
- Recently represented manufacturer in Southern District of Texas Federal Court in contractual lawsuit involving downhole tools used for hydraulic fracturing; obtained favorable jury verdict in January 2016
- Recently represented oil field services company in Texas State Court in contractual lawsuit involving chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing
- Recently represented oil field services company in contractual lawsuit in Texas State Court involving downhole tools used in hydraulic fracturing
- Recently represented large national industrial distributor as plaintiff with regard to non-compete/non-solicitation agreements; obtained settlement