Jacqueline focuses her legal practice on defending personal injury actions and claims that are brought against companies and individuals. This includes defending claims against medical professionals and medical staff. Jacqueline’s representative clients include nursing homes, hospitals and doctors in a variety of specialties, as well as dentists, nurses and physical therapists in malpractice lawsuits and in administrative proceedings with the Department of Public Health. She also has extensive experience in defending actions involving premises liability claims and automobile accidents.
Jacqueline’s practice includes extensive experience defending employers and companies against actions alleging discrimination brought by individuals in the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities (CHRO) and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). She has experience handling Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) cases at all stages in state and federal court. Jacqueline also has extensive experience defending actions involving premises liability claims and automobile accidents.
Additionally, Jacqueline’s practice includes defending employers and companies against actions alleging discrimination brought by individuals in the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities.
Jacqueline is a current member of Litchfield Cavo LLP’s COVID-19 Resource Team and a member of the Firm’s DE&I committee where she has held the position of Secretary for more than 1.5 years.
- Successfully obtained rare outright dismissal by CHRO in case involving alleged employer discrimination by a former employee of a community nonprofit who claimed disability, religion and taking leave under the FMLA lead to their termination; defense exhibits proved the termination was for legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons based upon serious policy infractions and violation of scope of care
- Prevailed on summary judgment in the Judicial District of Windham at Putnam for residential apartment complex owner client in a dog attack case
- Successfully defended a hospital against claims that a psychiatric hold was lifted prematurely
- Achieved full dismissal of action against a nursing care company for claims that it failed to treat pressure sores, causing death
- Achieved dismissal of administrative proceeding against physician with no disciplinary action taken in connection with claims that the physician provided improper medical treatment to a minor patient
- Successfully defended large national company in administrative action against claims it discriminated against a disabled former employee