Jennifer concentrates her practice in the area of general civil litigation with a focus on construction litigation, general liability, civil rights, professional liability and premises liability. She has broad experience in all aspects of arbitration, mediation, oral argument, hearing, settlement negotiation and trial including medical malpractice related mass tort litigation. Jennifer is experienced in the home building industry including general land use law, the development and implementation of comprehensive risk management strategies, and safety and quality standards.
Jennifer has advised builders throughout the country and served on numerous boards of directors for general contractors and developers. In addition, throughout her years as general counsel for a home builder, Jennifer gained significant experience in lending law, employment law and public relations. Jennifer often works with her insurance defense clients developing effective risk management strategies in order to avoid or minimize future litigation.
- Trial and Appellate Counsel in the controlling Arizona case on indemnity: Amberwood Development, Inc. et al v. Swanns Grading, Inc., 2017 WL 712269
- Successful defense of multiple national and regional contractors in nationwide, multi-forum lawsuits involving allegations of construction defects and product liability related to potable water service pipes
- Drafted manuscript policy provisions for “wrap” policies for international insurer
- Successfully tried case involving insurance proceeds from helicopter crash
- Tried first case under Nevada’s “Chapter 40” Construction Defect Statute and subsequently handled hundreds of cases on behalf of general contractors, developers and design professional under the statute
- Involved in numerous mass tort litigation cases, including cases on bone screws, asbestos and hospital billing practices