Jennifer’s practice focuses on insurance defense matters that include personal injury, premises liability, employment, construction defect, commercial litigation and bankruptcy.
Following graduation from law school, Jennifer clerked for the Honorable Jeff Bohm in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- Successfully represented a homeowners’ association in a dispute with a neighboring bar; the case settled on the day of trial, immediately prior to jury selection
- Participated in litigation team that successfully tried to a jury verdict a multi-million dollar dispute between the operator of the iconic Flagship Hotel against Landry’s, Inc.
- Assisted in pre-trial preparation in an alleged employment discrimination, harassment and retaliation case that ultimately led to a favorable settlement
- Participated in litigation team that successfully represented Landry’s, Inc. in a commercial land dispute over two parcels of real property, where case was settled after one week of jury trial
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a debt collector establishing that the client’s written correspondence does not violate the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act; see Lindley v. TRS Recovery Associates, Inc., 2:12-CV-109, 2012 WL 6201175 (S.D. Tex. Dec. 12, 2012)