- Lucenti v. Laviero, 165 Conn. App. 429 (2016), aff’d, 327 Conn. 764 (2018)
- Atl. Cas. Ins. Co. v. Robinson, 2016 WL 3198204 (D. Conn. June 8, 2016)
- Mehta v. Ace Am. Ins. Co., 2015 WL 1456834 (D. Conn. Mar. 30, 2015)
- Middlesex Mut Assur. Co. v. Hamilton, et al., 2014 WL 2696773 (Conn. Super. Ct. May 14, 2014)
- Gartner, Inc. v. St. Paul Fire & Marine Ins. Co., 2010 WL 918075 (D. Conn. Mar. 11, 2010) aff’d, 415 F. App’x 282 (2d Cir. 2011)
- S. v. Webb, 602 F.Supp.2d 374 (D. Conn. 2009)
- Deed v. Walgreen Co., 50 Conn. Supp. 339, 927 A.2d 1001 (2007)
Kate is an experienced litigator who has handled coverage and insurance defense cases for more than 14 years. She focuses her practice on insurance coverage litigation, insurance coverage analysis, commercial litigation and insurance defense litigation in both trial and appellate matters. Kate’s insurance coverage practice includes the litigation of a broad range of coverage issues under commercial general liability, homeowners and property policies, professional liability and automobile liability, as well as claims for bad faith, unfair insurance practices and extra-contractual liability. She also has significant experience in employment and professional liability matters.
Kate’s experience includes handling cases before the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, as well as the Connecticut appellate courts. She has successfully argued before the Connecticut Supreme Court and the Connecticut Appellate Court.
Prior to joining Litchfield Cavo, Kate served as a legal research clerk for the Connecticut Superior Court. While attending the University of Connecticut, Kate was the Articles Editor for the Connecticut Journal of Law and served as a professor’s assistant in Legal Profession, the writing and research course for first-year students.