- Atl. Cas. Ins. Co. v. Robinson, 2016 WL 3198204 (D. Conn. June 8, 2016)
- Mehta v. Ace Am. Ins. Co., 2015 WL 1456834 (D. Conn. Mar. 30, 2015)
- Middlesex Mut Assur. Co. v. Hamilton, et al., 2014 WL 2696773 (Conn. Super. Ct. May 14, 2014)
- Gartner, Inc. v. St. Paul Fire & Marine Ins. Co., 2010 WL 918075 (D. Conn. Mar. 11, 2010) aff’d, 415 F. App’x 282 (2d Cir. 2011)
- S. v. Webb, 602 F.Supp.2d 374 (D. Conn. 2009)
- Deed v. Walgreen Co., 50 Conn. Supp. 339, 927 A.2d 1001 (2007)
Kate is an experienced litigator who has handled coverage and insurance defense cases for almost 15 years. Kate focuses her practice on insurance coverage litigation, insurance coverage analysis, commercial litigation and insurance defense litigation in both trial and appellate matters. Kate’s insurance coverage practice includes the litigation of a broad range of coverage issues under commercial general liability, professional liability, automobile liability, homeowners and property policies, as well as claims for bad faith, unfair insurance practices and extra-contractual liability.
Kate has handled appeals before the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, as well as the Connecticut appellate courts. She has successfully argued before the Connecticut Supreme Court and the Connecticut Appellate Court. Kate also has significant experience in employment and professional liability matters.
Prior to joining Litchfield Cavo LLP, Kate served as a legal research clerk for the Connecticut Superior Court. While in law school, Kate was the Articles Editor for the Connecticut Journal of Law and served as a professor’s assistant in Legal Profession, the writing and research course for first-year students.