- Phillips v. James, 422 F.3d 1075 (10th 2005)
- Jensen v. IHC Hospitals, Inc., 82 P.3d 1076 (Utah 2003)
- Thompson v. Mobil Exploration, 145 F.3d 1346 (10thCir. 1998)
- Hirpa v. IHC Hospitals, Inc., (Utah 1997)
- Maack v. Resource Design & Construction, Inc., 875 P.3d 570 (Utah App. 1994)
- Ghersi v. Salazar, 883 P.2d 1352 (Utah 1994)
Kurt practices in a broad range of insurance defense with an emphasis in medical malpractice. He has defended contractors and business owners in construction defect and job site injury claims, insurance carriers in bad faith claims and medical facilities and professionals in medical malpractice claims. Kurt has represented the Utah Medical Association in state and federal court matters, and has advised hospital networks on legal and risk management issues. He has briefed and argued healthcare, personal injury, insurance bad faith and civil rights cases before Utah appellate courts and the United States Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Kurt previously served as a small claims court judge in Park City, Utah and served on the Utah State Bar’s Character and Fitness Committee for five years.