Mike’s practice includes general liability defense, toxic tort and product liability claims including talc and asbestos defense, labor and employment litigation and medical malpractice defense. He has represented a variety of defendants including raw material suppliers, contractors, medical professionals and property owners. He handles all aspects of litigation from discovery through jury trial and appeal.
Prior to joining Litchfield Cavo LLP, Mike worked as trial counsel for a Fortune 100 insurance company, successfully representing clients in general liability, toxic tort, construction and product liability litigation in state and federal court. As a trial lawyer, he handled all aspects of litigation, from depositions and substantive motion practice through resolution at mediations, arbitrations and settlement. Mike has successfully represented individual and corporate clients in numerous jury trials to verdict.
- New York City Asbestos Litig. (Cohen), 2018 WL 3306752, 2018 N.Y. Slip Op. 31481(U), 1 (N.Y. Sup. Ct. 2018)
- Clermont v. Intra-Op Monitoring Servs., LLC, No. 16 CIV. 6037 (DAB), 2017 WL 2239564 (S.D.N.Y. Mar. 29, 2017)
- Motion to dismiss granted on medical malpractice case in the United States District Court: Southern District of New York
- Zulfiqar v. 25-18 50 St Corp., No. 139412014, 2017 WL 2494443, at *1 (N.Y. Sup. Ct. 2017)
- Acting regional litigation and trial counsel for asbestos and talc defendants
- Obtained dismissal of a medical malpractice action on behalf of an out-of-state client who provided intra-operative monitoring equipment for use during spine surgery via a successful pre-answer jurisdictional motion to dismiss
- Obtained dismissal in Supreme Court, Queens County on behalf of property owner via motion for summary judgment in a negligent security claim
- Obtained a unanimous defense verdict after a three-day trial before a jury of 12 in Middlesex Superior Court, Massachusetts wherein plaintiff claimed personal injuries including dental fractures and facial scarring stemming from a bicycle versus motor vehicle accident