Nick has extensive experience defending clients in cases involving construction defect and premises liability, trucking and products liability, as well as professional liability matters. In addition, Nick represents clients against claims involving professional liability, toxic tort and environmental remediation. He also handles various types of litigated employment matters including claims for discrimination and wrongful discharge.
Nick has been admitted to practice before various state and federal courts and has been admitted pro hac vice in various state and federal courts around the country, including California, New Mexico, Wisconsin, Nevada, Ohio, Iowa and New York.
- Represented a trucking company sued under vicarious liability theory for driver’s alleged negligence related to logo placard placement
- Serves as national defense counsel for multiple personal injury and death claims and suits brought against a cucumber supplier involved in a nationwide Salmonella outbreak
- Serves as national defense counsel for a hummus manufacturer involved in a national recall due to the potential for Listeria exposure
- Served as national defense counsel for a bison meat processor in multiple personal injury suits associated with a national outbreak involving bison meat allegedly contaminated with coli 0157:H7
- Served as national defense counsel for a spice processor in more than forty wrongful death and personal injury suits associated with Vietnamese white pepper allegedly contaminated with Salmonella
- Represented a beef processor in personal injury suits involving mechanically tenderized steaks allegedly contaminated with coli 0157:H7
- Represented a lettuce processor in personal injury suits relating to a national outbreak of coli 0145
- Represented a beef processor sued by customers for economic losses and business interruption damages associated with a recall of nearly six million pounds of beef because of potential coli 0157:H7 contamination
- Represented a lettuce supplier in multiple claims brought for Salmonella illnesses associated with consumption of sandwiches at a national restaurant chain
- Served as national defense counsel for a cantaloupe packer relating to the national Listeria outbreak involving over 100 illnesses and 30 deaths
- Served as lead defense counsel for a pet food manufacturer in a lawsuit by a foreign distributor seeking recovery of recall costs and business interruption damages associated with an international pet food recall involving hundreds of dog deaths from Aflatoxin
- Serves as national counsel for two food processors involved in claims brought by customers for costs associated with foreign object recalls
- Serves as national defense counsel for a bottle manufacturer sued by burn victims associated with recalled firepots and fuel gel
- Served as national defense counsel for a gas can component part manufacturer sued by burn victims related to a national recall of gas cans