Paul focuses his practice on matters of medical professional and executive liability, and toxic tort defense. He represents a variety of medical provider professionals such as physicians, nurses and dentists, and entities such as hospitals, pharmacies and nursing homes. Paul also represents attorneys, accountants and insurance brokers in executive malpractice matters.
In the toxic tort area, Paul has defended companies in claims involving asbestos, benzene and mold. He has additional experience in premises liability, products liability, auto, employment, construction and commercial litigation matters.
Prior to entering private practice, Paul served as an assistant state’s attorney in the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office’s Criminal Prosecutions and Traffic Enforcement bureaus. As an assistant state’s attorney, he filed more than 30 appellate briefs, argued before the Illinois Appellate Court’s 1st District several times and tried numerous jury cases.
- Jamison v. Goldman, 15 L 64006 (tried successfully to verdict December 9-17, 2019, in Cook County, IL)
- Hoeller v. Goddard, et, al., 20171015258 (successfully obtained dismissal with prejudice on May 16, 2018, in Cook County, IL)
- Jones v. Hammer , 2018 IL App (4th) 170442-U (won summary judgment which was affirmed on appeal in DeWitt County, IL)
- Panszczyk v. Eric Jackson, DDS, 11 L 8216 (tried successfully to verdict June 1-9, 2015, in Cook County, IL)
- Gelber v. Duro Dyne, 13 L 13260 (tried Feb.-Mar. 2015, in Cook County, IL; case settled before verdict)
- Rollins v. Subba Rao, M.D., 08 L 5655 (tried successfully to verdict Feb. 25-Mar. 5, 2013, in Cook County, IL)
- Dugo v. McDuff, D.O., 06 L 628 (tried June 4-5, 2010, in DuPage County, IL; case settled before verdict)