Paul focuses his practice on matters of professional and executive liability and toxic tort defense. In the professional liability area, he has represented a variety of professionals including attorneys, physicians, nurses, dentists, hospitals, pharmacies, nursing homes, accountants and insurance brokers in malpractice matters.
In the toxic tort area, Paul has defended companies in claims involving asbestos, benzene and mold. He has additional experience in premises liability, products liability, auto, employment, construction and commercial litigation matters.
Before entering private practice, Paul served as an assistant state’s attorney in the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office’s Criminal Prosecutions and Traffic Enforcement bureaus. As an assistant state’s attorney, he filed more than 30 appellate briefs, argued before the Illinois Appellate Court’s 1st District several times and tried numerous jury cases.
- Jones v. Hammer , 2018 IL App (4th) 170442-U (won summary judgment which was affirmed on appeal in DeWitt County, IL)
- Panszczyk v. Eric Jackson, DDS, 11 L 8216 (tried successfully to verdict June 1-9, 2015 in Cook County, IL)
- Gelber v. Duro Dyne, 13 L 13260 (tried Feb.-Mar. 2015 in Cook County, IL; case settled before verdict)
- Rollins v. Subba Rao, M.D., 08 L 5655 (tried successfully to verdict Feb. 25-Mar. 5, 2013 in Cook County, IL)
- Dugo v. McDuff, D.O., 06 L 628 (tried June 4-5, 2010 in DuPage County, IL; case settled before verdict)