Paul focuses his practice on matters of medical professional and executive liability, and toxic tort defense. He represents a variety of medical provider professionals such as physicians, nurses and dentists, and entities such as hospitals, pharmacies and nursing homes. Paul also represents attorneys, accountants and insurance brokers in executive malpractice matters.
In the toxic tort area, Paul has defended companies in claims involving asbestos, benzene and mold. He has extensive experience handling construction, premises and products liability claims as well as auto/trucking matters. Paul’s legal practice also includes employment and business liability matters assisting clients with corporate and commercial litigation.
Prior to entering private practice, Paul served as an assistant state’s attorney in the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office’s Criminal Prosecutions and Traffic Enforcement bureaus. As an assistant state’s attorney, he filed more than 30 appellate briefs, argued before the Illinois Appellate Court’s 1st District several times and tried numerous jury cases.
- Hoffman v. Circle K Stores, 2019 L 000798 – Won summary judgment in DuPage County, IL (June 2, 2021)
- Jamison v. Goldman, 15 L 64006 – Successfully obtained dismissal of appeal, relating to defense trial verdict, in the Appellate Court of Illinois, First District (May 19, 2021)
- Wittenberg v. Davey Tree Expert Company, 20192004833 – Tried successfully to verdict via video conference in Cook County, IL (May 10, 2021)
- Jamison v. Goldman, 15 L 64006 – Tried successfully to verdict in Cook County, IL (December 9-17, 2019)
- Hoeller v. Goddard, et, al., 20171015258 – Successfully obtained dismissal with prejudice in Cook County, IL (May 16, 2018)
- Jones v. Hammer, 2018 IL App (4th) 170442-U – Won summary judgment that was affirmed on appeal in DeWitt County, IL
- Panszczyk v. Eric Jackson, DDS, 11 L 8216 – Tried successfully to verdict in Cook County, IL (June 1-9, 2015)
- Gelber v. Duro Dyne, 13 L 13260 – Tried case and settled prior to verdict in Cook County, IL (Feb.-Mar. 2015)
- Rollins v. Subba Rao, M.D., 08 L 5655 – Tried successfully to verdict in Cook County, IL (Feb. 25-Mar. 5, 2013)
- Dugo v. McDuff, D.O., 06 L 628 – Tried case and settled before verdict in DuPage County, IL (June 4-5, 2010)